- Basic Ideas of Sociocultural Anthropology
In order for readers to understand exactly what sociocultural anthropology…
- Proven Sales Strategy Examples to Use When Closing Over the Phone
In today’s world of sales, with face to face meetings…
- 6 Ways to cure Physical Pain
Physical pain occurs in different ways. Some pains are as…
- Why Social Studies is Important in School in an Ever Changing Society and What Students Should Know?
The social media and social studies are the two different…
- Reducing back pain with these simple steps
Every single day, at least 15 million Americans (or roughly…
- Anthropomorphizing Wine in Our Current ClimateMy coworkers at the wine bar knew I had an interest in the Basques, so when our new inventory included a bottle of Txakolina, they were eager for me to try it. The language on the label immediately signaled this was a Basque wine with a “tx” front and center. As I put the glass […]
- Conversation Across Generations, Part OneAt the 2018 AAA Annual Meeting, we gathered to talk across generations about how fieldwork has changed and how its transformations might be interpreted alongside transformations in the discipline. Technology has made field experiences radically different.
- Why Humanistic Anthropology MattersAnthropology was a revelation. When I was an undergraduate at Stockholm University, Sweden, my world tumbled as I learned about the range of human diversity. After two weeks in the introductory course, I was hooked, and still am.
- AfAA Elliott P. Skinner Book Award Winner and Call for ParticipationThe Elliott P. Skinner Book Award continues to receive the attention of publishers and authors after its inception ten years ago in 2008. The annual book award was named in memory of Elliott P. Skinner, the Franz Boas Professor of Anthropology at Columbia University and US Ambassador to Upper Volta (Burkina Faso), for his scholarly […]
- When We Come to Anthropology, Elsewhere Comes with UsA glance at my watch revealed that my colleague was already five minutes over his thirty-minute allotment. Students from various cohorts and faculty had gathered in the small lounge shared by sociology and anthropology for our weekly brown bag session.
- Anthropomorphizing Wine in Our Current Climate